Globus Relief is a 501(c)(3) public charity whose mission is to improve the delivery of healthcare across the world. They do this by gathering, processing, and then distributing surplus medical and health supplies to medical missions, third-world hospitals and clinics, and domestic free clinics. Globus Relief has over 250 active charity partners around the world who benefit from your generous donations. Their system has prevented millions of pounds of useable surplus from ending up in landfills and salvage facilities across the United States, in addition to saving lives worldwide.
It’s an amazing process to be a part of!
Donating your iWalkFree device will enable underpriviledged individuals and families to recieve the use of the IWALKFree that they would not have without your donation.
Not only will your donation directly improve the quality of healthcare around the world, but you will benefit as a donor! Tax deductions are available for your charitable contribution. (For more detailed information or advice, please consult your legal or tax professional. Additional tax laws may apply to your state.)
Here is a partial listing of the charities that they are involved with:
- Operation Rainbow Operation Rainbow is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to performing free orthopedic surgery for indigent children and young adults in developing countries worldwide who do not have access to related medical procedures or equipment. http://operationrainbow.org/Project Perfect World Project Perfect World Foundation (PPW), a 501(c)3 charitable organization and healthcare humanitarian effort supported by AHRMM and other donors, has improved the lives of thousands of underprivileged children since its inception in 1995. Fully supported through monetary and supply donations, every year PPW is able to send medical teams to poverty-stricken areas to perform maxillofacial, dental, and orthopedic surgery on children. Operation Rainbow
- Healing Hands for Haiti international Foundation Inc. A non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to delivering quality, sustainable physical medicine and rehabilitiation, education, training and care for adults and children with physical disabilities in Haiti. They believe the best way to serve the people of Haiti is to empower them to help themselves.http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org/
- Cure International CURE International transforms the lives of children with disabilities and their families in the developing world through medical and spiritual healing, serving all by establishing specialty teaching hospitals, building partnerships, and advocating for these children. They operate in 10 countries worldwide to correct spine deformities, club foot and other crippling orthopedic conditions. www.cure.org/
- The Foundation for Orthopedic and Complex Spine Provides comprehensive, affordable orthopedic and spine care to underserved communities in Ghana and throughout West Africa. www.orthofocos.org/
- Friends of Haiti: Provides general health care in a rural area of Haiti. They see a large number of people who suffer from broken legs and other orthopedic issues. www.friendsofhaiti-gb.com/
- Catholic Medical Mission Board provides full-spectrum healthcare services via Hospital Albert Schweitzer in Haiti and their rehabilitation programs. They are also connected to several other in-country hospitals and clinics. www.cmmb.org/
- Limbs of Hope Founded in October 2003, the Limbs of Hope Foundation is a 501 (C) 3 non-profit dedicated to serving the needs of those affected with limb loss, with particular concentration on individuals in developing countries. http://www.limbsofhope.org/
Making a donation to Globus Relief is quick and easy! Simply fill out the Product Donation Form and include it with your iWALKFree device. It is best to try to ship your device in the same box that it was sent to you in since it is an exact fit.
Address the box to:
1775 West 1500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Who do I contact?
No direct contact is necessary before mailing your donation. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to call the Donor Relations Department at: 801-977-0444 or email them at email@example.com. The Donor Relations at Globus Relief is fully aware of all donation being accepted from our customers and they will be happy to answer any and all of your questions you may have regarding your donation.
How can I insure that I get the donation receipt?
Once your donation is received and processed Globus Relief will mail you a Letter of Receipt to be used for tax deduction purposes. It is essential that you complete the Product Donation Form and include it with your donation if you would like to receive a Letter of Receipt. Please note that charities do not provide a valuation of your donation – that is for you to determine. If you have valuation questions, please check with your tax professional.